We used this recipe for our holiday meals this year and it was a huge hit! We hope this recipe brings warmth and gathering for your family like it did ours.
*recipe derived and modified from cookingonthefrontburners.com
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ~1/2″ thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- dash of salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 oz. goat cheese (plain or flavor of your choice – we used one that had cranberries in it)
- 1 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries (your choice)
- 2 Tbsp. honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Brush each side of the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and also sprinkle a bit of salt and sugar on each side.
- Place one side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn and bake other side for 10-12 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, combine goat cheese with the almond milk and honey in a bowl, then mix in nuts and berries.
- When potato rounds are done, allow to slightly cool, then top with cheese mixture, and finish with honey drizzle.