Hear all about this dish on our HHH Episode #16-Food Friday. This was literally the very first dish Hillary cooked for Ryan way back in the day. It’s cheap to make, quick, and packed full of garlic, which is a favorite in the Sthealthy garden and kitchen. It adds a flair of Mediterranean flavor with pepperocini peppers, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan.
It’s good without meat, or with poultry, ground burger, or shrimp, and makes a great side dish or a meal by itself.
It’s spicy so may not be great for kids, but that’s ok because you will want to eat it all yourself!
Makes 2-4 servings, depending on how much you eat.
- 1 package of Tinkyada brand gluten free fettuccini noodles (can also use regular noodles, or zucchini noodles)
- 4-6 pepperoncini peppers chopped
- 1-3 cloves of fresh garlic chopped. (this will depend on how spicy or stinky you want to be.)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (for cooking)
- extra virgin olive oil -EVOO (for putting over cooked noodles)
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Italian spices to preference.
- Put water on and bring to boil. Add your noodles and cook per instructions.
- Chop up the garlic and peppers into small pieces.
- Heat up olive oil on low, add garlic and peppers and simmer until peppers are soft, and garlic turns a greenish color. If you overcook the garlic, it will be less spicy.
- Strain noodles and add servings to separate bowls. Pour 1 tbsp of EVOO over the noodles in each bowl.
- Separate pepper and garlic mix, pour evenly over each serving of noodle.
- Top with salt, parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
An antioxidant rich meal.