This soup in rich in Italian flavor and perfect for the cold weather months. It is packed with healthy ingredients and simple to make. Though it does not contain meat, protein is supplied from the beans in this tasty recipe.
*recipe derived and modified from eat with clarity
- 5, 15oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sauté onion in a large pot/Dutch oven with olive oil until translucent. Add in garlic, celery, and carrot. Sauté an additional ~10 minutes, until vegetables are soft and aromatic.
- Add in white wine and simmer until most of liquid has evaporated, ~5-7 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except for kale, and stir well.
- Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer about 5 cups worth of soup to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer blended soup portion back into pot and stir well to combine.
- Add in kale and allow to simmer for a few minutes, until kale is wilted and soft.
- Add salt/pepper as needed and enjoy!