A hearty and delicious soup that contains nutritious meat and vegetables, perfect for the heat of summer or for those late summer days when you can feel the coolness starting to set in.
*recipe derived and modified from damndelicious.net
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 3 cups spinach, diced
- juice of 1 lemon
For the turkey meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all turkey meatball ingredients and mix well. Roll the mixture into 1” meatballs, making about 30 meatballs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in stock pot. Add meatballs in batches and cook until all sides are browned. Transfer out of pot and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil into stockpot and add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until tender and fragrant.
- Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and meatballs and reduce to simmer until pasta is tender and meatballs are fully cooked.
- Stir in zucchini and spinach until zucchini is soft and spinach is wilted.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt/pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!