This recipe comes from a family favorite shared with me, and that makes it all the more special and delicious. This spin on chicken breast adds moisture, juiciness, and an Italian flavor for a meal perfect for the entire family.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 13.5 oz. jar pesto (or you can make your own, if you so choose)
- 1 package fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- pinch salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9×13″ baking dish.
- Rinse and trim chicken breasts and set aside.
- Spoon a small amount of pesto into bottom of baking dish, making a small layer of pesto.
- Lay chicken breast in baking dish on top of layer of pesto.
- Lightly cover chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Spoon pesto onto tops and sides of chicken breasts, thoroughly covering.
- Lay slices of mozzarella cheese equally on top of chicken breasts.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When chicken is done, switch oven to broil for 1-2 minutes, to brown mozzarella cheese on top.