Fall is finally here, and that means… FALL RECIPES! Give this simple and healthy spin on a well-known recipe a try for the perfect pumpkin banana bread this cold-weather season.
*recipe derived and modified from wellplated.com
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans onto ungreased baking sheet and bake until toasted for 8-12 minutes. Watch closely so nuts do not burn. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then chop.
- Coat 8 1/2″x4 1/2″ loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In bowl of standing mixture, beat together butter and coconut sugar/brown sugar until smooth and combined. Beat in mashed banana, Greek yogurt, honey, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt over the top. Sprinkle the flour over the top, then stir until flour disappears. Fold pecans in.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and let rest uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Insert toothpick to center to test for doneness.
- Enjoy hot out of the oven for a softer bread or refrigerate for 1 hour+ for more dense bread!