Fresh eggs are plentiful with our hens laying every day. Egg dishes are good anytime of the day, but mornings are our favorites. Throwing together veggies from the garden, fresh elk hamburger, and eggs, makes this an easy, fast nutritious breakfast!
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 lb elk hamburger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 4 pieces fresh rainbow chard, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh dehydrated Italian Mix (find in our StHealthy Dehydration and Canning eBook)
- fresh basil, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, or other form of high temperature cooking oil.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 small roma tomatoes, sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped, or StHealthy Salsa
- Prepare vegetables, garlic, and herbs.
- Add oil to sautee pan and brown onions, pepper, and garlic.
- Add chard, basil, and parsley and cook until greens are soft.
- In separate pan brown the elk meat.
- Whip 8 eggs in bowl, then add eggs to vegetable mixture along with meat and salt.
- Let cook without stirring until the bottom gets brown, then slowly turn one end of the frittata over itself.
- Add cheese and then cover, simmering until egg is fully cooked and cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan, cut into 4 servings, then top with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and basil. Or add fresh StHealthy Salsa.
- Enjoy with Einkorn Blueberry Muffins, and Ryan’s Pickled Green Beans recipe in our StHealthy Dehydration and Canning eBook ).
Yields: 4 servings