Enjoy eating mild, white, flakey fish? This recipe is for you. We used fresh-caught whitefish for this recipe, caught from the beautiful waters on Flathead Lake in Northwest Montana, but this recipe compliments any fish similar to a whitefish (i.e., tilapia, cod). This recipe is quick, easy, and perfect for a casual week-day meal with the family, or can be dressed up with sides for a weekend dinner party.
*recipe derived/modified from thelemonbowl.com
- 4, ~ 6oz fish filets (whitefish, cod, tilapia)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lemon, zested and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix softened butter, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and lemon zest.
- Spray 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick spray and place fish filets in a single layer.
- Brush butter mixture onto top of fish evenly, then top fish with lemon slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until fish is soft and flakes easily with fork.