As your Swiss chard begins to grow and be ready to harvest this summer, check out this perfect summer recipe for a delicious use of this stellar vegetable!
*recipe derived and modified from lavenderandmacarons.com
For the salad:
- 1, 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 6-8 branches Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chickpeas in mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, onion and garlic powder, paprika, and salt/pepper.
- Roast chickpeas in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through roasting. Then, remove chickpeas from oven and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan on stove. When oil is hot, add Swiss chard, apple, onion, lemon, juice, and raisins (optional) to pan. Cook until apple and onion become softened to your preference and chard is wilted.
- Add roasted chickpeas to pan and incorporate well. Leave on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients to make dressing.
- Plate salad and drizzle with dressing – ENJOY!