We admit it…we love pancakes. Over the years, we have come up with so many ways to make pancakes healthier that it’s become a challenge to see how many nutritious foods we can get stuffed into one pancake. We tend to do gluten free (GF) pancakes, using a little flour as possible, but this one has a special twist with added coconut flour and hemp seeds. It’s best to remember that most GF pancakes aren’t quite as juicy as a gluten filled pancake, but we’ve found that our kids enjoy these more! Try them out!
- 1 cup GF flour- we use Bob’s Red Mill or any of the other dozens of flours.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp Hemp fiber or 2 ground hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 scoop Wilderness Athlete Protein Plus powder
- maple syrup, honey, agave, and grassfed butter or gee for topping.
- Berries in season for topping as well.
- Blend together eggs, liquids, and melted coconut butter.
- Blend flours and protein powder together.
- Add flour mixture to liquid while slowing mixing.
- If you want an easy way- just add everything to your Vitamix or Power bullet and blend!
- Heat up griddle, or cast iron skillet. Add coconut oil or unsalted butter if needed to skillet.
- Pour pancakes. This recipe makes about 8 3-4 inch pancakes, depending on how thick you like them.
- Top with ghee, grassfed butter, and berries then covered with a bit of maple syrup, honey, or organic agave.