Catching fish on the wild waters of Montana is one of our favorite things, so we knew we needed a recipe that complimented the fish that we were catching. This fish sauce recipe can be used on any fish, and we have found is best on fish that are fresh caught.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. olive powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- **you may need to adjust portions based on amount of fish you have
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until smooth and mixed well.
- Prepare fish how you wish to have it ready for sauce (we use lake trout often and rinse, dry, and place fish on baking sheet)
- Cover fish surface with sauce, covering to edges.
- Bake for appropriate time/manner per fish type – for lake trout, we bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Bake until sauce is starting to turn golden brown and fish is tender.
- Remove and enjoy!