*recipe derived and modified from simplyrecipes.com
If you know anything about Northwest Montana, you know about the famous Flathead cherries freshly picked in the Flathead Valley in late summer. Using these cherries, we have a mouth-watering French clafoutis inspired recipe to share with you!
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup milk (your choice – we used almond milk)
- 3/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on 9×9” or 10×7” baking dish. Scatter cherries and almonds across the bottom of the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Then, add in milk, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Continue to whisk until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish over the cherries and almonds.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until lightly brown on top and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!