This is one of our families favorite go-to recipes. It is the perfect combination, targeting protein, vegetables, and salty/savory tastes. We hope you enjoy!
*recipe derived and modified from evolvingtable.com
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground elk (or any ground red meat or turkey)
- 1 large sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 5 cups shredded cabbage, cut into shreds
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- green onions, cut into slices
- primal kitchen soy or teriyaki sauce (optional)
- In a large pan, add olive oil, ground meat and onions. Cook until meat is browned/cooked through and onions are soft/transparent.
- Add shredded carrots, garlic, and ginger to the pan and sauté for several minutes until well incorporated.
- Pour chicken broth into pan and stir to combine.
- Add cabbage, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir well. Allow to cook on low for ~15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until your desired tenderness is achieved.
- Remove from pan and plate, top with green onions and primal kitchen soy or teriyaki sauce (optional).