Cold, blistery winter day outside? Not to worry – head to your freezer and take out an elk roast to put together this simple, delicious, and nutritious recipe.
- 2-3 pound elk roast
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 8 oz canned mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut elk roast into bite-sized cubes and put into roaster/oven-safe dish.
- Combine dry onion soup, mushrooms, red wine, cream of mushroom soup, and water in mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cover meat in wet mixture, and stir to mix well.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 hours, until meat is tender.
- Serve and enjoy!