When you think of this recipe, think “cozy, creamy, and comforting”. Perfect for the fall season that is upon us, enjoy this nutritious soup that is equal parts delicious and simple to make!
*recipe derived and modified from damndelicious.net
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. boneless/skinless chicken thighs, cut into ~1 inch chunks
- Salt/pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half
- Heat olive oil in stockpot. Place chicken thighs in stockpot and season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook until golden on both sides and cooked, then remove chicken and place aside.
- Melt butter in stockpot. Add garlic, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and celery. Stir occasionally and cook until tender and fragrant. Add in Italian seasoning and stir.
- Add flour to stockpot and stir until slightly browned. Add in chicken stock and chicken thighs, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in half and half until heated through. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Allow to simmer for ~ 15 minutes and then serve OR place in crockpot and cook on low for ~ 3 hours if want to serve later.