This tasty and warm casserole is perfectly packed with lean elk meat, fresh spinach, and cheese, combined with cauliflower rice for some additional sustenance that the entire family will love.
*recipe derived and modified from diethood.com
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground elk meat
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt/pepper to taste
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 10 oz. cauliflower rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ~ 6 oz. shredded cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant.
- Add ground elk and brown until done. Season with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add spinach to pain and cook until spinach is wilted and soft.
- Remove from heat and set pan aside.
- Lightly spray 9×13″ baking dish with nonstick spray. Add cooked cauliflower rice, sour cream, and butter to baking dish and stir until combined.
- Add meat mixture to baking dish and cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake from 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!