Did you know that you can use the tops of carrots to make delicious pesto? Learn how in this delicious and earthy recipe and you surely won’t throw out those carrot tops again!
*recipe derived and modified from simply recipes
- 1 cup packed carrot top greens, tough stems removed
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- Prep the carrot tops: Rinse the green carrot tops well. Pick out and discard any dried or yellowed parts. Remove and discard any tough stems.
- Process greens, garlic, cashews, salt, and pepper: Place the carrot top greens and all other ingredients (except EVOO) into food processor. Pulse several times until well blended.
- Slowly add olive oil: While food processor is still running, slowly incorporate the EVOO in. Scrape the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula and continue to pulse until smooth.
- Remove from food processor and pesto as you desire!